Categories:

FNL Homecoming Edition: Q&A With Bryson Herr

The Berries take on Twin lakes in their homecoming matchup
Young Berries ready to cheer on the team and get loud to help the Berries.
Cesar Martin-Acosta

What is the difference between a homecoming game and a regular game?

The homecoming game is just a different atmosphere, You will see a lot of LHS Alumni and a full crowd.

What is your opinion of the homecoming game? Is it more important?

The homecoming game is another game for me. I just focus on getting the win and celebrate after the game. 

Is the game more of a distraction with all the added pressure to win from the fans and the halftime festivities?

To be honest, all of the crowd and pressure do not normally get to me, and I stay focused and calm so it does not get to me.

Does Coach Johnson prepare differently for a homecoming game since there is such a big break and some players are not in the locker room? 

Coach Johnson does a great job at preparing us for the game every single week. He will coach as hard as he normally does and would like us to win.

Do you think the student body treats this game differently? Is there a bigger student section at this game?

There is always a bigger and louder student section at the homecoming game.

What is the matchup like for the homecoming game? 

We play Twin Lakes for Homecoming, a winnable game with some hard preparation.

In the game, five seniors on the football team will compete to win homecoming king. Senior linebackers Deagan Kitchel, Tate Strong and Chrisanthony Del Valle will all participate, along with senior offensive lineman Jahaziel Lopez. Also competing is senior wide receiver Carson Dubes. They will all compete during halftime posing an interesting problem for the coaches in their halftime discussions with positions. 

The game is on Friday the 20th at Berry Stadium against the Twin Lakes Indians.

$0
$700