Column: Two Brothers Who Broke the Internet In Half

Looking back at the Jake and Logan Paul feud
Both Paul brothers have all particpated in professional boxing, and Logan Paul now wrestles with WWE.
Veda Fagner

Jake Paul and Logan Paul are two brothers who broke the internet in half in 2017. Everyone was either a Jake Pauler or a Logangster. There was no in-between. They both dropped diss tracks on each other. Recently among the student body, students have been discussing what they remember about Logan and Jake Paul with their feud in 2017 and whether they were a Logangster or a Jake Pauler. Logan Paul and Jake Paul were both in really big controversies, which is what led to their fall. They were both really big and popping up until they became pretty easy to dislike, especially after all of their controversies. Jake Paul and Logan Paul’s feud on YouTube got them a lot of views, but not too soon after they had their rise, they had their fall at one point

“It’s Everyday Bro” had 5.4 million dislikes, making it the 16th most disliked song on YouTube. A good amount of hate came soon after this era was over. It was quite cringe, especially if you look back at it now, but most of the hate came from all the controversy the Paul brothers each got themselves in.

Their feud started due the fact that in one of Logan Paul’s vlogs, he decided to watch and listen to “It’s Everyday Bro.” In this song, Jake Paul threw shade at his ex Alissa Violet. In the vlog, Logan Paul made fun of Jake Paul for many reasons having to do with the song. Jake wasn’t happy with this, and he dropped “Logan Sucks,” which was a diss track to Logan.

After Logan saw the diss track, he decided to drop his own diss track against Jake, “The Fall of Jake Paul.” At the end of the music video, it cut off, but you could see Violet was in it. But, Logan didn’t drop that verse because right before he was going to drop “The Fall of Jake Paul,” Jake posted a video apologizing to Logan. However, Logan still dropped the song because he had already recorded it but cut off the last verse that included Violet, which left fans with a big cliffhanger.

Jake and Logan then decided to make up and drop “ I Love You Bro” and “ The Rise of the Paul’s.” Later that week, Jake put up and embarrassing billboard of Logan Paul to prank him, but Logan didn’t like this, and he decided to drop “The Fall of Jake Paul” again, but this time the whole song, including the last verse with Violet. Jake Paul and Logan Paul, you could say they carried 2017 because you were already hearing “It’s Everyday Bro” everywhere, so when Logan dropped “ The Fall of Jake Paul,” everyone was listening to that one because it was definitely way better and catchier.

“Jake Paul’s song sucked. I liked Logan Paul’s song way better,” freshmen Nohelia Molina said.

When I was younger, I was a Jake Pauler, but then after ” The Fall of Jake Paul” dropped, I was a Logangster because that song was so much better. To this day, I still know all of it from how much I listened to it. Everyone around me at the time was also a Logangster, so I had that influence around me. Looking back it at it, it was all really dumb and the songs were really bad, but at its time, it was really catchy.