The Student News Site of Logansport High School

LHS Magpie

LHS Magpie

LHS Magpie

Recapping the Senior Year

The end of the senior year is just around the corner, and the class of 2024 is preparing for graduation and the next chapter of their lives
Connor Davis
Seniors will graduate on June 2, 2024.

The end of the school year is just around the corner and the seniors are getting ready for graduation after four years at LHS.

Senior Finley Gay year expressed his opinions and concerns over graduation. 

I would say my favorite part about this year has been determining what college and major I want to go into, as well as receiving my acceptance letter,” Gay said.

Finley Gay (Tattler)

Finley Gay also shared his advice for “senioritis.”

“Although it will be immensely hard, try not to fall victim to senioritis halfway through the school year, and try to get seven hours of sleep if you can.” Gay said. 

Aryan Patel is also a graduating senior. He is the winner of the Lilly Scholarship.

“My favorite part about this year was winning the Cass County Lilly Scholarship,” Patel said. “It was one of my goals since the start of high school, and it was a great feeling for all the hard work to pay off.”

Being a member of the track and field team is an important part of Patel’s high school experience.

One of my favorite memories over the past four years has been being on this year’s track team,” Patel said. “I’ve done track for three years but, it seems like there’s something special about this year with a new team and a new coaching staff. It’s been one of my most enjoyable if not the most enjoyable sports seasons so far.

Patel also talked about advice for the upcoming seniors and what he will miss.

Aryan Patel (Tattler)

For incoming seniors, I would just say to stay on top of deadlines for college applications and scholarships,” Patel said. “Start getting as much of the process as you can done this summer, and try to have each application done prior to the deadline. Don’t wait until the week of to start filling it out, and it never hurts to have someone read over your essays as well.”

Senior Gretchen Prifogle is in Magpie and has had many fun times at school. 

“My favorite part of this year was probably going on the trip to Boston with the Magpie,” Prifogle said. “It was my first trip out of state without my parents, and it was really fun to be able to spend a few days with my friends in a place I haven’t been before. I also have enjoyed all of the fun stuff that only seniors get to do like walking at Homecoming, or I was top five for prom queen, which was awesome.”

Prifogle recalled some of the fun experiences she had with the school choir.

“One of my most favorite memories from the past four years has to be performing at Disney World with the LHS Swing Choir,” Prifogle said. “It was a really cool experience to perform in front of that many people, and it was so much fun to be at Disney World with all of my closest friends.”

Gretchen Prifogle (Tattler)

Prifogle advises that next year’s seniors take advantage of any opportunities that come their way.

“I had the opportunity to go to Hoosier Girl’s State last summer, and I learned there that taking chances gets you far in life,” Prifogle said. “I was able to be president of three different clubs this year, and it taught me so much about how I can be confident in my own abilities. I think it’s important to trust that you can handle anything and to go for it.”

Jacob Fincher, a senior who has broken school records in swimming this year, talked about his favorite times of the year and what he will miss about LHS. 

My favorite part was definitely all the memories I made in the pool with the swim team,” Fincher said. “Competing alongside my teammates was amazing, and I’ll definitely have memories that will last a lifetime.

Swim was an important part of Fincher’s year.

One of my favorite memories was the county meet for swim,” Fincher said. “I had a lot of supporters there who were cheering me on and wanted to see me break a record. I didn’t break any records at that meet, but it was still nice to see all the support,” Fincher said.

Jacob Fincher (Tattler)

Like Prifogle, Fincher believes it’s important to make good use of the chances that come a student’s way.

The best advice I can give is just to not take it for granted,” Fincher said. “A lot of people never get this opportunity, and make sure to do the best you can. Try not to let senioritis hit too hard.

The seniors talked about what they would miss about LHS and the people there.

I will definitely miss the faculty,” Gay said. “There are so many excellent teachers and staff within LHS, and I’ll be sad to leave them behind.

Patel talked about what he will miss about LHS and the teachers and accomplishments there.

I think I’ll miss the people at LHS the most, including friends, teachers, and others I have created a bond with over the last four years,” Patel said. “It will be a different experience being somewhere new, and I will for sure miss the tight bonds I have created at LHS.”

Prifogle talked about the teachers she will miss and how their characters were.

I’ll miss how nice and great most of the teachers are,” Prifogle said. “I’ve had some amazing and influential teachers who have helped me get to where I am today.

Fincher talked about how he will miss the teachers at LHS along with the staff members.

“I think I will miss the teachers the most,” Fincher said. “LHS has a great group of teachers and other staff members that support us on everything, and I think I will really miss seeing them next year.”