Meeting the New Magpie Members

Learn a little bit about a few of our new Magpie staff
It is important for new staff members to collaborate with old staff members. As the senior members will be leaving this year, the newer members need to be able to fill in their shoes.
Jasmine Zimmerman

Yoslen Robaina Santana

Freshman Yoslen Robaina Santana was in search of a challenge. After completing the journalism class here at the high school, he believes his next step is to be a writer for the LHS Magpie. Robaina Santana often writes at school but was in search of more freedom when it comes to what he writes. He is looking forward to experiencing all of the different aspects of the school’s newspaper, including exploring different sections of writing such as News, Features, and Sports.

Gracelyn Scott

When she isn’t practicing her swimming skills or performing with her little black binder for speech, Freshman Gracelyn Scott is found with a book in her hand. She spends any extra time she has reading. Counteracting her love for reading, Scott joined the Magpie Staff in hopes of learning a little about how the writing side of it takes place. Although she isn’t exactly sure what to expect, she is excited for the future of journalism.

Senior Payton Mucker was assigned to be freshman Eduardo Morales-Rodriguez’s “Big”. A Big and Little’s relationship is very important in Magpie, as we lean on others for help. (Jasmine Zimmerman)

Eduardo Morales-Rodriguez

Freshman Eduardo Morales-Rodriguez is a very introverted person and he joined Magpie in search of something new and exciting. Although he isn’t exactly a people person, he looks forward to being involved with the staff and meeting new people. In his free time, Morales-Rodriquez often plays video games or draws. His love for art is flourishing and hopes to put his skills to use in the Magpie room.

Melanie Contreras

As a senior here at LHS, Melanie Contreras joined the Magpie Staff during her very last semester in high school. Through personal journalling and different English classes, Contreras has found her love for journalism and is preparing to major in it in the future. She is a member of FFA and the Global Ambassador’s Club. When she is not working hard to be a productive member of those clubs, Contreras works at Walgreens.