Time Flies By

Now that the school year is almost over, students reminisce
Their bond grew stronger as freshmen Nathan Jackson, Lucus Sherman, and Dakota Duckket continue to enjoy each other company after, havng a productive day in PTECH.
Zelda Schollaert

Everyone has made memories here at Logansport High School, both bad and good. This year is almost over. High school can be the biggest part of a teenager’s life. Many kids think they are ready for high school, but then they go and it’s nothing like they expected.

“My favorite memory was last year when I went to Indiana Beach for my birthday because a lot of my family went and we had a blast,” sophomore Valerie Spencer said. “It was special because I got to hang out with my family, which doesn’t happen very often. It helped me get closer to my cousins that I am now hanging out with a lot more than I used to.”

Favorite memories can come in different things, places, or people. People’s favorite memories are often made with friends or family. Most teenagers’ favorite memories are created in high school, between favorite classes, football games, basketball games, clubs, and extracurriculars.

“What makes PTECH so special is how you are by your friends for a few hours,” freshman Dakota Duckket said. “I got close with freshmen Nathan Jackson and Lucas Sherman since we got into PTECH.”

With all the hours spent in the same school five days a week, students have to make the best of it. While they still can, students should make memories that they’ll remember for years. Memories that classes can talk about at their 25-year reunion. Memories that they can laugh about with their kids and grandkids. Sophomore Joanna Colas has one of those memories.

“The first football home game of the 2023 season was most memorable because it was my first time going to a high school game,” Colas said. “It made me closer to my friends now, they were the first friends I made and people I talked to when I transferred to Logansport from the Bahamas.”

Life doesn’t have to be all about education, it can also have some fun too. It’s hard to go outside of one’s comfort zone.

“My favorite memory is when I walked into Duncan’s class and was terrified to go in there and talk to her because I liked my old resource teacher, so I just wasn’t ready to move on just yet,” freshman Marissa Schoenradt said.” Why was it special? Because now we have an outstanding bond I didn’t have with another teacher.”

The halls of Logansport High School will close in a week but the memories will still live through the summer until those doors open again for another fun memorable school year.

“My favorite memory is my very last concert with Mr. and Mrs. Chalan.” freshman Raymond Penn said, ” The reason I got close to them is because of the choir I love singing. I am very proud of them for teaching me what I know now. I would love to recreate it but also don’t want to.”