Q&A: Porter Discusses Track and Field

Freshman Addie Porter talks about her journey in track and field
Standing on the starting line, freshman Addie Porter gets ready to run the 400 meter dash.
Leylin Diaz

How long have you been doing track?

I’ve been doing track since sixth grade. It’s one of my favorite out of the three sports I do. 

What inspired you to do track?

What inspired me to do track was the option to choose what events you wanted to do. I like being able to try new things and see what suits me best. Another reason is it opens a lot of windows to meet new people and friends. 

What motivates you?

What motivates me is seeing people do really well in their own events. It pushes me to accomplish the goals I set for myself.

What are you hoping to achieve this season?

What I’m hoping to achieve this season is some pretty big personal records and having a really good winning streak. 

Who has helped you the most with your accomplishments?

The people who have helped me the most with my accomplishments are definitely my family. They always show up to my events and cheer me on. The people I surround myself with have also played a major role as well. They push me to be the best I can be a nd always hype me up in the best ways.

What are your plans after this year?

My plans after this year are to come back next season better than the previous year and become a key player in helping our team win.