The Student News Site of Logansport High School

LHS Magpie

LHS Magpie

LHS Magpie

Weather

• 10 PM
    67 °
  • 11 PM
    65 °
  • 12 AM
    65 °
  • 1 AM
    65 °
  • 2 AM
    65 °
  • 3 AM
    65 °
  • 4 AM
    65 °
  • 5 AM
    65 °
  • 6 AM
    65 °
  • 7 AM
    66 °
  • 8 AM
    68 °
  • 9 AM
    72 °
  • 10 AM
    74 °
  • 11 AM
    77 °
  • 12 PM
    79 °
  • 1 PM
    81 °
  • 2 PM
    82 °
  • 3 PM
    82 °
  • 4 PM
    82 °
  • 5 PM
    81 °
  • 6 PM
    79 °
  • 7 PM
    77 °
  • 8 PM
    74 °
  • 9 PM
    72 °
  • 10 PM
    71 °
May 19
85°/ 63°
Patchy rain nearby
May 20
82°/ 64°
Sunny
May 21
84°/ 65°
Sunny

Are you ready for finals next week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Support Us
$610
$500
Contributed
Our Goal
Berry Broadcast PSA: The Solar Eclipse
Berry Broadcast PSA: The Solar Eclipse
Finley Gay and Payton Mucker April 8, 2024

Before you look to the skies, look to Payton and Finley. They are your trusted source for facts and safety.

Q&A With New Key Club President Lily Newell

At the recent leadership banquet, junior Lily Newell was announced as the new Key Club president
Courtesy of Lily Newell
Junior Lily Newell with her friends junior Ava Martin, junior Libby Dexter, and junior Claire Bundy after the banquet.

What is the process for running for President?

We try to nominate the officers at the end of the school year for the upcoming school year so that next year we don’t have to do that long process and just waste time. Mrs. Gaumer puts out an announcement then we usually have a meeting and we talk about it. In that meeting she’ll ask who wants to be an officer. She will ask multiple questions like who do you want to nominate for class president or any other position. Once you are nominated she waits a couple of weeks and puts out another google form and if you are nominated she’ll put your name on it and only freshmen, sophomores, and juniors in Key Club can vote.

Did you think that you’ll get voted for president?

No, not really there were a lot of good people that were running and that really wanted it and who are responsible and are just good students overall. So, I didn’t really think about it too much. You can’t change if you get it or not and just worrying about it is not going to change anything so I just didn’t worry about it. I didn’t really think about running for president because I was thinking about spring events and how there’s so much things going on right now and once I really thought about I was definitely more interested in being president for next year.

Were you hoping to get anything else?

Well I know other people nominated me for other categories I would’ve been glad for any position. I wasn’t very picky but I did want to be at least one of the officers. I did want to be president for sure but I would be happy for any position.

How did it feel when you found out?

We had the ceremony in the cafeteria, I was invited last year when I was a sophomore but I didn’t go. I walked in and my parents were already sitting and there were a lot of people. Mrs. Gaumer came up to me and told me she had something for me. She showed me this paragraph that I would have to be reading and I didn’t think I would be reading anything because I at the time was just the secretary. As I was reading it said Lily Newell as Key Club president 2024-2025 and I was shocked and she told me only her and Aryan knew. During the whole ceremony I had the paper and I was reading over it the whole time making sure I knew the basis of it. Aryan said the next president is Lily Newell and I could see every one’s reaction and my parents reaction.

What’s your new role?

I think I just help organize events and help Mrs. Gaumer with what events students can volunteer for to help the community and just help put everything together and keep the club running.